As the 8th National President (2019-Present) of The Society, Incorporated, a preeminent women’s organization focused on developing and advancing talented youth in the arts, I am humbled to lead such a dynamic group of committed women. My Theme for the biennium is Helping Today’s Youth Turn Their Creative Talents into Artistic Opportunities for their Futures. Implementation of this theme will include:
My Mission — to transform the lives and social conditions of children who live in underserved communities through involvement in the Arts. Participation in our programs will lead to awareness, appreciation, and will elevate and empower the human spirit.
My Vision — to help students to connect and integrate artistic concepts across multiple Art forms and to encourage students to explore their inherent abilities in the Arts to illuminate aspects of themselves.
My Goals —
- to make the Society a household name in the world of the creative arts by producing sustainable and substantive Arts programming nationwide that will fill critical gaps in traditional access points to artistic pathways.
- to increase student engagement in the Arts Through exposure to different genre
- to raise young people’s self-esteem and confidence necessary to succeed through support of their artistic endeavors.
- to explore Artistic Partnerships with likeminded organizations to help support our efforts.
- to increase the number of Chapters and Members to help do the work and reach our goals.
I make this journey with the following Elected Officers:
Carol Francis – National Vice President
Kelly Whiting – National Recording Secretary
Brenda Belsito – National Corresponding Secretary
Alfreda Mayes – National Treasurer
Keysa Rogers – National Financial Secretary
Eileen Kennedy – National Nominating Committee Chair
Lynette Murphy – Chapter Establishment Chair
Phyllis Robinson – Membership Committee Chair